Friday, 21 October 2011

I have decided to create a feather piece using bought feathered headbands from Primark, these were only 50p each and after buying 14 of them starting pinning them onto a mannequin to create either a shoulder piece or neck piece.



I've detached the band and pulled the peacock feather off as it stands out when they are layered over each other, I have been inspired by Lady gaga's outfit at the 2009 MTV VMA awards where she wore a Jean Paul Gaultier dress with the neckpiece designed and made by Keko Hainswheeler

I am very inspired by Keko Hainswheelers work, using recycled materials and describes his work as  “ecclectic, embellished and crafted” Hainswheeler has been known to create a corset made out of nails and likes using industrial materials like metals and plastics because people don't see the potential in the items.


Read the full Dazed Digital interview with Keko Hainswheeler here


I will continue to update my progress in this little project I have set myself, so watch this space. =]