Thursday, 22 December 2011

Little something I threw together...

So today I decided to jazz up this old vest top that I have, using some heat transfer paper and my jeans to create a print.

The heat transfer paper was purchased at Asda and is so easy to use. I basically started off my photocopying my snake print jeans in colour and black and white which I tore heart shapes out of, not being too careful. Using these I put together my design back on the copier and placed transfer paper in which printed my design. Cutting around the edge leaving about 5mm advised gap I followed the instructions placing it face down on to my ironed fabric, used a old cloth over the top to protect and used the iron on its hottest setting. I kept it moving to prevent burning and made sure to peel off as soon as possible as you want to take it off when still hot.





Mine still needs to go in the wash so in the photographs it may still look shiny and stiff.

Well that took all of 10minutes, the rest of my night was taken up with sewing for my current project....