Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Work Placement

So in the easter holidays I will be off to London for a 2 week placement at Zandra Rhodes.
I'm really hoping it's going to be a hands work placement as I have heard of some bad and waste of time work placements at other companies...not mentioning any names though.

I decided to contact Zandra Rhodes for a work placement because she was and still is a very influential textiles designer from back in the 60's setting up her first shop in 1967. Being a very independent and driven person she took her collection to America where it was featured in American Vogue and it took off from their, putting her individual stamp on the fashion world. Her surface designs are made up of bold prints and colours that you think shouldn't work but really do, this just reflects her character.

I feel very honoured to be given a opportunity to do my placement at Zandra Rhodes so I hope to get a lot out of it, to learn a lot about Zandra, her company, her design process from drawing to dress, to advance my skills and give me a insight in to the industry.