Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Design process

So although I have finished my degree in textiles and surface design(i got a 2:1 btw) for a few months now I did find some of my designs from my final major project that has got me thinking that I have kind of given up on designing and lost my determination as to what goals I set myself in my final year of my degree. I really need to get back in to the swing of things; researching, drawing and working on photoshop. In general just being creative. my mind is always buzzing about ideas but maybes they have been lost in the lack of money that I have, I know I enjoy my job at Ossie Clark but realistically I am a designer and my vision was, is and always has been: to set up my own label. I can't forget this dream.... and I am determined to succeed.
Love, passion, determination and hard work = The Dream


Anyways heres a little design process from drawing, which was just a quick pen and ink of a butterfly which I manipulated in photoshop to create a repeat. And also an example of the type of garment I would imagine it to appear on, I think it really sits well on a playsuit and I have also done a little styling moodboard of accessories to compliment this outfit.







Statement necklace for jewellery, white heels with gold ankle cuff (love!) 
and white laser cut bag 

Perfect summer holiday outfit 





Copyright shonaghmariesmith