Friday, 22 November 2013

Yoga

So a month back me and a friend took up yoga. For someone who has never done anything along the lines of Yoga or Pilates I was a bit sceptical. I've always been someone who, when I work out does a lot of cardio, wether it's going out for a run, going to the gym or doing a class like boxercise or circuits. Yoga has never appealed to me, it has never seemed like exercise. It's just a load of 
stretching, right? Oh how I was wrong.

I have come to realise how weak I am, trying to hold poses and not being able to hold up my own body weight, erm wake up call. I may be some what fit in cardiovascular sense but flexibility and strength, no way. 
The woman that takes the class is 60 and puts me to shame when I can't even touch my toes and here's her, legs wrapped round her head! 

I do hope to keep this up even at home as it will help my strength, flexibility and hopefully tone. I have been practicing the salute to the sun sequence as gentle stretching as you have to ease yourself into this and it really helps your breathing technique.